Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Louisiana Oysters on the Half Shell



I grew up about 5 hours North of New Orleans in Mississippi and my family's first stop was almost always the Acme Oyster House for a few dozen raw and Po-Boy's.  Although they are more expensive these days than ever (I think these were $18/dozen - ouch!)-- My husband and I splurge pretty much every week -- sometimes twice.  I always think the best seat in the house is at the bar and if it's an Oyster Bar -- well, that's a win win situation!  In my experience Oyster Shucker's almost always love to talk!  Make a friend -- it's easy to do over a dozen or two!


Here are three of our favorite French Quarter Oyster Bars listed below and all three are within a couple blocks of each other, so if the line is too long at the Acme, we just move on down the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger