Monday, July 19, 2010

Tonight's Supper

I went to the Crescent City Farmer's Market Saturday and I got all of this:
Tonight's supper consisted of a few of those things I found at the market:  chicken thighs with pesto, a caprese-like salad with cucumbers, steamed green beans and grilled peaches -- I'm grilling like crazy these days because it's summertime and it's fun!  I was so proud to spread my homegrown pesto under the skin of these chicken thighs, but honestly I didn't even notice the flavor.  Oh well ... you can't win 'em all.  The grilled peaches were divine and a first for me, such a sweet and bright flavor.
 I am not ashamed to admit that I am a gas grill kinda gal, but this week I have used the good old weber kettel charcoal grill ..... I'll figure it out -- eventually!

2 comments:

  1. oh hell, i've resisted "learning" how to use the (gas) grill even though it's basically turning on buttons... perhaps you'll persuade me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grilled Peaches! And jalapenos! Best things on the grill, except maybe rib-eyes and zucchini. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger