Thursday, October 8, 2009

Vinaigrette, Persimmon, Author & Pupusa




A coffeecake Monday morning led right into a guilty salad lunch.  I do like to make my own salad dressings and it is so easy and great tasting!  Those are my ingredients on the left for the vinaigrette -- olive & sesame oil, soy sauce, lemon juice & zest, cayenne, parsley & sesame seeds for the top of the salad.


Tuesday I spent a little time uptown running around and visiting at the Crescent City Farmers Market.  I was looking at these beautiful persimmons and wondering what one might do with the fruits when I overheard the vendor talking to another customer and I had a true star sighting -- I was shopping at the farmer's market right next to Sara Roahen!  I was too excited and shy to tell her how much I enjoyed her book -- that it made me cry and inspired me so!  So, I will admire her from afar and share her book with you here and recommend it to you all -- if you love New Orleans, if you love to cook, if you love to eat in New Orleans, if you -- well I could go on, but it is a MUST read!  For those of you that live here, it will make your heart feel good and for those of you who don't know about living here, I would love to hear what you think.  I checked the book out at the Alvar Street library (so small & cute) right around the corner from our house!  I had forgotten about the library, you know, they let you borrow books!  Amazing!


I had lunch this week with my dear friend, K., at Pupuseria La Macarena -- it was delicious!!!  Pupusias -- I didn't know!  Really... sthis is a dish  I had not tasted before and pupusa's -- what a deliciously sinful treat!!  Everything about the restaurant: the condiments, presentation, freshness, quality and the character of the foods were so easy to understand, not to mention digest!!
Yummy, yum yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger